Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm Rubber, You're Glue. Whatever You Say Bounces Off Me And Sticks To You!

Has anyone been paying attention to that poor girl who was bullied who committed suicide in Hadley, MA? If not, Click Here

I feel so much for this child and I feel awful that she felt she had to go the way she did. I too was bullied in high school. My school also grossly mismanaged the situation and nothing was ever really done. Difference being, I was more than happy to take matters into my own hands and it made me hold my head higher. Granted, we were being picked on for different things (me for being gay) but I still dont think there is ever a situation in life where handing yours over to a bunch of bullies is worth it. What I'd like for us all to do is say a prayer for Phoebe's family and friends and REMEMBER THIS: It is fine to state your opinion and probably even human nature to poke a little bit of fun at something but it is NEVER ok to torment someone. If you feel the need to do so, you need to give your own ass a timeout and reflect upon what's bothering you so much in YOUR life that you need to take it out on others.

1 comment:

  1. That's some fucked up shit. I had a little fiasco in High School. Most of those who picked on me are now either bums or deadbeat parents....but we ain't gonna go there.

    ReplyDelete